Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Posting the big blind, throwing in the ante, deal me in.

So I've decided to start a poker blog (if that wasn't already evident), but I'm hoping it will be more than that.

What I'm looking to get out of this is simple.

I'm looking for a place to be able to document my adventures in the game of poker so that both friends, and potential new friends will be able to keep up with my exploration of the game, and game theory.

I'm looking for a place that will allow me to keep track of my results in cash games, tournaments, and sit-n-go's, and hopefully help others in realizing what works and what doesn't in terms of profiting from the game.

I'm also hoping that by maintaining this blog that my creative writing skills will improve, allowing me to vividly describe to whoever may choose to stumble upon my blog, what is going on in my life, both inside and out of poker.

---

Of all the influencing factors, the Pokerstars WBCOOP events were really the thing that pushed me over the edge in deciding to start this blog. I'd always thought of starting a blog, but I didn't really know what to use as my focus. I don't live an exciting enough life to use that as the basis, but when Pokerstars advertised this, I thought EUREKA! I am passionate about poker, and feel I have enough of an opinion and knowledge of game strategy, that poker would be the perfect "crutch" for my blog, this starting my career as a blogger.

By no means am I a pro poker player, but I do consider myself quite the enthusiast. I often find myself staying up until the wee hours of the morning (EST) to watch a tournament in it's entirety.

The one thing I will be very excited to do is to provide live blogging of tournaments of all structure and all size. I think I will start tonight with the Pokerstars "The Super Tuesday." This tournament has a gigantic $250,000 GUARANTEED! The tournament starts at 8PM EST, and with a buy-in of $1050, it's sure to attract some of the biggest names that play on Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment